Thursday, January 16, 2020

Currently: January


Loving 
the fact that our recent snowfall pushed pause on life. My little one is sick with the flu but we have still managed to enjoy the snow to the fullest extent. 

Thinking
About garden design and what plants I want to grow. It's a long way off, but I can't help but daydream. I have started hacking blackberry bushes around the area we intend to use as our garden. Hopefully in February we will purchase some piglets and allow them to turn the soil over and clear the underbrush in that area. 
Reading

Watching 
YouTube channels:  Homeschool On: She provides in depth curriculum reviews as well as honest views on the challenges and joys of homeschooling. Roots and Refuge: Mamma of many and gardening extraordinaire. 

Continuing 
to feed my family with only one element, a crock pot and a rice cooker. I have my eye on an Insta- Pot. I think it would make life a whole lot easier!

Aspiring
to start working out in a space I recently carved out in our current storage room. I want to complete the 100 workout challenge I found on my Beach Body app. We recently moved our belongings from our storage unit into a steel bin on our property. During the move I managed to locate my weights and recently acquired squat rack. I still have to convince my husband to put it together. 

Appreciating
the fact that my husband has a myriad of skills that allow him to  renovate our home. It keeps our costs low and gives us the opportunity to work and dream together. Progress might feel glacial at times but I just keep reminding myself that "little by little" gets the job done. 



No comments: