Friday, December 21, 2012

All decked out for Christmas


Christmas is such a beautiful time of year and so much fun to prepare for. I thought I would give you a little peek at how I like to decorate my home for the holidays. Enjoy!
 

A tiered tray waiting for  Christmas goodies. This year I made buckets of gingerbread, butter tarts and almond rocca.

 
The garland I made last year with some stamps, craft paper and yarn.


 
 
There is a lot of red and white under my tree this year. I can't help it, I am drawn to the classic colors of Christmas.


Love this image of my childhood rocking horse nestled up against the tree and stockings.

 
With the leftover evergreens from my wreath making party, I plumped up my fake dollar store garland. It was super easy, and looks great (in my humble opinion) :0)  It smells SOOO good!

 

I just love my snowflake pillow. I made it with a place mat I found at a dollar store a couple of years ago.



I am happy to say that I have checked off everything on my December bucket list.

 
The girls and I purchased a little tree from value village and decked it out with white lights,  sparkly pink butterflies, vintage balls, and handmade ornaments. It is adorable!

 


Hopefully my hubby will mount these antlers on the wall in the new year. They serve as a great place to hang coats and dry mittens.These are by far my favorite antlers. I love their organic structure. The garland has since been been hung over my kitchen window. My stars have found a home over Nathaniel's aquarium.


A little Christmas on the bathroom window sill.


A simple ikea garland over my bedroom window.


My bedroom has been the most neglected room in our home so far, but my hubby is building me the most magnificent headboard and bed frame for Christmas. Sooooo excited!!!!!!



 
The snowy view from my craft room window.



Hope you enjoyed the little tour. Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: