Friday, December 21, 2012

Evergreens and chocolate!

 For the past couple of years I have enjoyed making myself evergreen wreaths. When I lived in the Chilcotin my wreaths consisted entirely of juniper since it was the only material I had to work with. Now that I live on the coast, and have access to dozens of varieties of evergreens, I went a little crazy. With Nathaniel's help I harvested loads of cedar, juniper, pine, blue spruce, Douglas fir, sequoia, salal, ivy, and holly.
 
 
 This year, I thought that it would be fun to get together with a few girlfriends and make wreaths together. I purchased a few extra wreath frames from a local nursery, and some florist wire, rummaged through my husbands' shop for a few tools and welcomed my girlfriends over for an evening of creativity.

 
 I made a few little treats. Some chocolate truffles rolled them in coconut, crushed almonds, cocoa powder and icing sugar. They were a little too sweet for me. I also made something called hot chocolate on a stick which I enjoyed quiet a bit. I have loads left, so if anyone wants to try some, come on over!
 

 
 


 
Everyone made such beautiful unique wreaths!
 




No comments: