Thursday, May 30, 2013

Decor ramblings....

Well, I think my children have finally succumbed to sleep... (it's 9:10) and I have given up all hope of working out this evening. My husband is sound asleep on the couch and I am munching on almonds.... breaking my rule about not eating after 7:30. I have been caught up in a whirlwind of creativity the past week and I feel like my feet are just beginning to  touch the ground. I am always astonished at how quickly my house falls apart when I am absorbed in other things. Let's see, I finally stenciled a wall in our master bedroom , painted a pedestal table, an antique chair, a rattan couch, a coffee table and starting scrubbing the dirt off  numerous other pieces of furniture in the garage. I have attempted to sew a pillow (but didn't due to tension issues), made a couple of birthday cards (which I have yet to send out). I re-arranged my bedroom, finally decided on a color scheme for the girls room after finding some FABULOUS pillows at Target. They remind me of Guatemalan loom cloth and are exactly what I have been looking forward. They will be the jumping off point for the remainder of the room. Holly, (my design girlfriend), knows exactly what I am taking about. I miss our lengthy conversations about home décor.
 
There is an incredible store in Nanaimo called Patina Home that sells Annie Sloan paint and they recently started renting out Royal Design Studio stencils. They create a look that resembles high end wallpaper. Anyways, I rented two stencils for less than a song and a dance and I have been having a ton of fun with one called "Springtime in Paris".
 
Here is a little sneak peek...........
 

Hopefully I will have some more photos for you in the next couple of days. 

No comments: