Thursday, May 30, 2013

Decor ramblings....

Well, I think my children have finally succumbed to sleep... (it's 9:10) and I have given up all hope of working out this evening. My husband is sound asleep on the couch and I am munching on almonds.... breaking my rule about not eating after 7:30. I have been caught up in a whirlwind of creativity the past week and I feel like my feet are just beginning to  touch the ground. I am always astonished at how quickly my house falls apart when I am absorbed in other things. Let's see, I finally stenciled a wall in our master bedroom , painted a pedestal table, an antique chair, a rattan couch, a coffee table and starting scrubbing the dirt off  numerous other pieces of furniture in the garage. I have attempted to sew a pillow (but didn't due to tension issues), made a couple of birthday cards (which I have yet to send out). I re-arranged my bedroom, finally decided on a color scheme for the girls room after finding some FABULOUS pillows at Target. They remind me of Guatemalan loom cloth and are exactly what I have been looking forward. They will be the jumping off point for the remainder of the room. Holly, (my design girlfriend), knows exactly what I am taking about. I miss our lengthy conversations about home d├ęcor.
 
There is an incredible store in Nanaimo called Patina Home that sells Annie Sloan paint and they recently started renting out Royal Design Studio stencils. They create a look that resembles high end wallpaper. Anyways, I rented two stencils for less than a song and a dance and I have been having a ton of fun with one called "Springtime in Paris".
 
Here is a little sneak peek...........
 

Hopefully I will have some more photos for you in the next couple of days. 

No comments: