Friday, April 7, 2017

It's been awhile....

Sometimes I wonder if my blogging days are over. It seems like the only time I get to sit down is to eat or pay bills, so finding time to sit still and write feels nearly impossible. I find myself asking "what purpose does blogging serve" when I  have so little time as it is? The thing is, I like to write. I like to  share my musings with the world, especially since my "role" in most relationships is that of a "listener". I'm not much of a "talker". I swear my husband has a larger "word quota" than I do. When my hubby gets home from work I am more likely to retreat to my room for some much needed quiet time than talk about my day.

Part of reason I haven't posted much is because I don't feel like I any "pretty pictures to post". Since my lovely DLR met an untimely end in Hawaii, all I have are grainy, out of focus photos taken on my
iPad. *sigh* Needless to say, life marches on with  all its joy, upheaval, tears, triumphs, hopes and mundane moments. Here are a few recent snapshots from my life.

Enjoying a lovely evening at our Church's 20th anniversary


Cleaning out the shop while Levi enjoys some coveted time on Nathaniel's dirt bike.  


 Taking an impromptu bath in my kitchen sink... by himself.



Amelia turned eight and invited WAAAAY too many people. I survived. Barely.


Early morning sweetness with this sweet boy


My eldest got her ears pierced!!!!


This little man stopped taking naps in January, except for the occasional snooze while watching his favorite show.



Visits with sweet friends


Beekeeping with my husband. Notice Levi in the tree behind him. We stuck him in it to keep him away from the cranky hives.



Watching daddy prune a local apple tree.


A typical breakfast: Omelette, bell peppers, avocado and some wasa rye crisps. 


Just a typical meltdown... every day... multiple times a day...


Finding beautiful spots in my neighbourhood that refresh me


Who knew that clam digging could be SO FUN!!!



Both sets of grandparents at the same table. My heart is FULL!


Love watching these men whip up incredible food in the kitchen. 


SPRING!!! 


Saying goodbye to daddy as he heads off for a week of tactical training.


Thoroughly enjoying all the gold I have been finding at value village.