Monday, May 22, 2017

Celebrating the ordinary: May

Being without a camera for three months made me think about the things and moments  I am drawn to photographing and ones I avoid. I like capturing moments that bring me joy and avoid the uncomfortable, messy moments that compose the majority of my day. I want to change that. I was to start celebrating the ordinary. I want to get better at being present in the less than glamorous moments- you know, the downright crummy ones. So am going to start taking pictures of my disastrous laundry room, the fight to get the children out the door on time, the meltdowns, the tears, the time outs and other moments that make up my ordinary life. I want to remember those moments as well as the lovely moments. I want to capture and celebrate my world in its entirety.

Climbing under our deck.


We have come a long way in the hair brushing department but it can still be quite tedious.


Walking home in the sun turns my five year old into a puddle of despair. She was actually thrashing and yelling at the top of her lungs. I am so glad that Levi was paying such close attention. *sigh*


Okay, so this photo makes my heart feel a little mushy, but the truth is,  my naked son is sitting on our kitchen table for the zillionth time despite being told not to.


 Grocery shopping. We all do it. It's life.

Another meltdown.


After watching  YouTube tutorial about how to de-tangle doll hair, my girls tried it out. They destroyed the bathroom.


A very dirty entryway and a little man who wants "up" every other minute.





No comments: