Friday, November 6, 2009

The delight that is fall

"Autumn -the year's last, loviest smile".



My heart soars when the blustery weather catches an armload of color and hurls it across the expanse. I love the variety of color scattered at my feet when Amelia and I plod down forest paths.



I adore the bright surprise of pumpkins in a muddy Field. I giggle at the sight of plump squirrels scolding me from a branch, their voluminous tails flitting about. I love the smell of pecan pie and apple cider wafting out of a bakery.



Another thing I look forward to every fall is a visit to the Laity Pumpkin Patch. The gourds, pumpkins, goats and corn Fields really make me giddy. It is as though I become a child once again.... darting about petting the cows, marveling at the turkey, cooing at the baby chicks.... longing to scoop them up and take them home with me. One day I will have a little hobby farm. I will have chickens of all varieties and Flemish giants (huge rabbits).

No comments: