Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Amelia is up to these days....




1. Is sleeping wonderfully these days. (Huge sigh of relief). I, on the other hand am up at least twice a night to pee, or drink water.

2. Loves to go in the chicken pen in the mornings and chase ALL the chickens out of their pen. She howls something indecipherable and stomps her feet.



A LOT of whining..... sometimes I feel like I am going to loose my mind. Some days I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and call a time out. I'm learning that the best thing to do in those situations is to just pick her up and give her a big cuddle or twirl around the room. It must be frustrating to not be able to communicate your needs.



Is obsessed with slides and swings. She gets to the bottom of a slide in instantly beams at me and says "MORE"!!!!!!!





Is TERRIFIED of trucks, especially diesel trucks. When she hears them she screams and runs to me as fast as she can.

Is becoming fiercely independent and gets incredibly upset when she does not get what she wants.

Her new words:

"melia" (I guess she hears me calling her name ALL day long)

"no, noooooo, no nooooo" (in the cutest voice you ever heard).

"deer" (its hunting season and all Nathaniel talks about these days)

"wee" (the hammock in our basement or the swing set at the park)

"peas" (I say please at least 50 times a day in the hope that she will pick it up)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

im glad to hear that amelia is sleeping good now. Cute chickens and cool pen. Its fun when words begin coming hey.

Samuel is all over the place with running and walking. He does not nap anymore either. Goes to bed later.

VĂ¥ge Family Website said...

i'm scared of chickens and they're no higher than my chins. they're almost eye level with her and she's chasing after them :). good for her!se

Caroline said...

I love the first picture of Amelia on the swing. :0)