Friday, October 29, 2010

Winter is nearly here



I woke up yesterday morning to find that a heavy frost had covered our little world. After Amelia and I ate our breakfast, we bundled up and went out for a walk. I couldn't help but take pictures and these are a few of my favorites:









By the time we started heading home, with pink noses and cheeks, snow had begun to fall softly around us. I was delighted!

When Amelia went down for a nap I pulled out some of my favorite Martha Stewart magazines for some crafty inspiration. I'm serious I need to take up knitting, especially when there is the potential to make something as adorable as these stuffed creatures.....



Later that day I found a link to a great esty.com site where one can download cute crochet patterns. Here is the link if you want to check it out: http://www.etsy.com/listing/55182306/spring-bloom-hat-crochet-pattern-pdf
I would love to learn how to make this adorable hat.



Until then, I'll just cherish this tiny little handmade booties Amelia wore when she was an infant. She has a bigger pair now and she wears them nearly every day.



P.S. Sorry about not posting the recipe for the pumpkin bread. I think it got accidentally thrown into the trash. *sniff*.

2 comments:

fionafae said...

I forgive you. ;) I will just have to google the recipe then!
Love your frosty pictures!
BTW I could make a hat like that, if not the exact one ;) I'd love to get the yarn supply to knit up some toys one day. I have a few animal patterns in one magazine that you would LOVE.

Rachel said...

the sound of a beautiful fluffy snowfall in the silence sounds so wonderful to me right now. Im excited for this coming christmas season! I love your boxed in booty craft for amelia. Thats a good idea. I should try that with samuels booties you gave him. I could paint a blue or other boys color background. Have a great day joc!