Wednesday, March 23, 2011

She is taking her time....



On Monday, Nathaniel and I went into town to pick up my sister in law, Jill, and I managed to squeeze an appointment with my doctor in as well. I didn't expect him to give me much news, but I hoped that the baby had at least dropped lower into my pelvis. He looked surprised when he checked me and said that I was 3... nearly 4 centimeters dilated. He was surprised that I wasn't in any kind of pain and even more surprised when I told him that I was going to go home (1.5 hours away). Since then I have experienced erratic contractions and dizzy spells but nothing that indicates a need to go to the hospital. I am ever so thankful that Jill has come to stay with us for a couple of days. It is nice to know that I will be able to leave Amelia is capable hands and just focus on bringing this child into the world.... whenever that may be. I was prepared for her to come early, but hadn't really considered the fact that she may come late and I don't want to even entertain the idea of induction. BLAH!

The three of us just finished a great game of settlers of Catan and Jill pulverized us. Today we went for a great little hike, visited a ranch, and made a delicious dinner of steak, baked potatoes and veggies slathered with homemade cheese sauce. Yumm!!!! I have decided to focus on the present and enjoy the fact that I can still sleep through the night, eat my food while it is STILL warm, and take off at a moments notice. As much as I want to meet my little miss, I know that I am going to be one exhausted human when she arrives.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Good for you Joce! That's how I felt when I was pregnant with Ashleigh, focus on the present and take in those last few days when it's just the 3 of you :0)

Love the tummy picture ;0)

Anita Grace said...

Praying for a safe, amazing and healthy delivery for you & baby!

I remember being overdue with Liam (10days) and how I felt exactly the same way... soaking in every last minute with our family of 3 before life with a newborn again. I so enjoyed my pregnancies and its definitely a time to cherish.

Looking forward to seeing your new little beauty when we arrives, many blessings to you & your home.

~Anita

The Stiffs said...

Hey!! Good to hear that you're trying to stay positive. Do enjoy your last moments as a family of 3!
Praying for you, can't wait to hear from you!

Unknown said...

Wondering if anything's changed by today (Sunday), and if you're moving or not?
Glad you are enjoying your last bit with your beautiful family of three before things get 'spunkier' ;)
Oh, and so glad to know that other people in this world play Settlers! Sweet!

Caroline said...

Thinking of you Jocelyn. Everyday I check here and face book to see if you're having little one. Just a little excited! Praying all goes well and smooth and just how you envision a hospital birth to go ;0)