Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some days....

Some days I feel really productive, energetic and creative and other days I feel like a mess. Today I felt like a giant mess. I stayed up too late last night watching a heart wrenching documentary about human trafficking, and then couldn't fall asleep until after midnight. Amelia woke up the next morning two hours earlier than she normally does, due to a soaking wet diaper, and then decided to remain awake. I spent the majority of the day in the horizontal position, ate too much chocolate and sort of of shuffled dishes and laundry around the house until after dinner when I experienced a small burst of energy. It is 9pm now and I feel wasted. I hope I wake up feeling more energetic tomorrow. I have a prenatal appointment in town and I am actually looking forward to the 112km drive there and back. Amelia will the spending the day with her daddy so I will have time to daydream, listen to loud music, grab a Starbucks and shop for my groceries at leisurely pace.

Tonight I had planned on packing my bag for the hospital, but just looking at my list of things to bring makes me feel anxious. I finally found someone who is willing to take care of Amelia when I go into labour, but I still don't like the thought of leaving her, especially since I don't know what time of day or night it will be. Honestly, I am just feeling overwhelmed about everything these days.... from the simple stuff like what to make for dinner to trying to decide what kind of home we want to buy in a few short months. I found this lovely little house on mls. ca earlier today only to discover that there was an accepted offer made on it a few days ago.



Nevertheless, I am confidant that the Lord has a great little place in store for us and I need to remember that He is faithful to us... in the small things as well as the big.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I hear ya Jocelyn...been having some low days myself! Chris was away for 3 weeks in a row! He was home on the weekends in between, but still. I didn't feel like doing anything, even days after and usually I am motivated to do something productive!

Hope your town day is wonderful! Have fun!