Thursday, August 30, 2012

Northern Vancouver Island

 
Oh my goodness it took me F.O.R.E.V.E.R to upload these pictures but I feel like it is has been a long time since I shared a whole slew of photos. Before we went to Esperanza, we visited Nathaniel's family in Port Hardy. They graciously took us out on their boat and we spent the day searching for Indian beads at a secret spot, fishing, and watching sea lions. It was an awesome day and we all had so much fun.
 

 
I love how people left their beach combing finds on logs and large rocks.


The beach was white with shells and broken pottery - it was beautiful!

 
This is all that remains of a historic longhouse.



We all searched VERY hard for Indian blue beads..... 


ta da!!!!!!!    I found my first one!!







 
 


Even Claire got in on the action and did a bit of beach combing....


 
 
 
 
On the way home we caught some cod.
 



 
 



 Just check out these sea lions. They were awesome and very loud!!!!!
 









 

No comments: