Saturday, September 8, 2012

A bunch of new goodies

 
A couple of weeks ago, I spotted some cute fall inspired pie top cutters at superstore. Years ago I saw something similar at Williams and Sonoma boutique in Vancouver and I have always regretted NOT buying them. While the superstore brand is not nearly as fancy, they will definitely add some festivity to my pies. My neighbor was over for tea the other day when we started chatting about our mutual love of pie making. After we mused over our favorites, she suggested that we organize a bake off for the woman at our church. I think that it not only be a great way to connect with them but also  a fabulous excuse to eat LOTS of pie.I apologize in advance if these gave you a hankering for pie, but these are too pretty not to share: 
 


 

This pie with the apple flowers is just lovely. I am determined to try this sometime!

 
While I was dropping my anticipated pie top cutters into my cart I spotted a pastry decorating set and a super fun A to Z cookie set. Amelia will love the alphabet cookie cutters and the pastry set will make decorating cookies and clean-up easier for both of us. I borrowed a similar pastry set from Holly when I hosted a cupcake decorating party and I have been keeping my eyes open for one since. I have also wanted a whoopie pie mould since Holly and I made them last fall. As it turns out Superstore had some of those on sale for 1.75$ The best part was that I got everything for free with the gift card I found buried in my wallet. This of course, comes on the heels of my decision to start cutting out sugar and start weighing my food again. Why do I do this to myself just as my favorite baking season arrives? Perhaps it is because I know that if I don't, I will not have any self control. I still fully intend to bake pumpkin spice muffins, pecan pie, pumpkin spice whoopie pies, and pumpkin pie but I will only allow myself one slice/muffin a day.
 

No comments: