Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Levi Nathaniel Lord

 


Levi is nine months old and I just can't get enough of him.  I adore his growls, his soft white blond hair, his little fat fists, and the joy that fills his face when he sees me. Sometimes my heart feels like it is going to explode.
 
Why are babies so addicting? Is it the way they smell , how their little bodies feel in our arms, the sounds they make, their chub, their simplicity, dependency? All I know is that I can't help but marvel at him.  
 
 
These days he is eating everything in sight, giggling, standing and crawling. He lets me feed him kale, quinoa and all sorts of other bizarre and healthy foods.  He naps twice a day and despite my intentions/desires/attempts, DOES NOT sleep through the night. In fact, I have reverted to sharing my bed with him most nights just to get enough sleep to function the next day.
I SUCK at sleep training.
 
Nevertheless, I am in love with my little mush.
 

 

No comments: