Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Progress



I weighed myself this morning and was thrilled to see that I have finally reached my first weight goal. It was a tough week but I remained strong and turned down many delicious things - namely tuxedo cake, red velvet cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, chips and a chai latte from Starbucks. Not only that, I weighed every ounce I food I put into my body.

I have always had a hard time loosing weight, so the fact that I am consistently loosing weight and eating healthfully, makes me want to do cartwheels (if I only could). When I look at myself in the mirror I don't look as though I have lost 15 pounds, but all my pants are baggy, my bra's fit me perfectly, and just feel GOOD!

Strangely enough I hardly miss my favorite bread, and yogurt. I do, however, fantasize about my friend's monster cookies from time to time. I have decided that when I reach my ultimate goal weight, I will get her recipe, make a huge batch and then freeze them in individual serving sizes so that I can have one a day with my peppermint tea. Life is full of good things and I want to partake in them, but with moderation.

These are a few things that are helping me stay on track:

1. I portion my meals out onto small plates so that I trick myself into thinking that I am eating more than I am

2. I portion my food into a tray so that I know exactly how much I have to eat and then I can pace myself accordingly.

3. When I go into town I pack myself a lunch so that there is no temptation to cheat.

4. When I make something delicious for my family, that is off limits for me, I try and put away any leftovers that may remain, in the fridge, so that I am not tempted to sneak a bite.

5. I eat the protein portion of my meal for 15 min, the salad, and raw vegetables for 15 min and then I wait 15 minutes before I eat a piece of fruit. By the time the hour is over I actually feel satisfied rather than full and then I wait four hours before I eat my next meal.

I thought it would be torture to take an hour to eat a meal, but it is actually a more practical approach to eating - especially since I am a mother of two and
constantly distracted by my girl's needs. Furthermore, I find that when I eat quickly, I eat more than I should. Also when I eat until I a FULL, I CRAVE something sweet afterwards. Conversely, when I eat on;y until I am satisfied, I am content to have a piece of fruit rather than a handful of chocolate. I'm thankful that I am finally have a system that works for me, that is affordable, that works with my lifestyle.

No comments: