Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friends, cookies and buttercream icing





I hosted a little Valentine Party for Amelia's playgroup yesterday and it was loads of fun. I a lot of candy kicking around the house and I thought it would be fun to use it to decorate cookies. Amelia asks to make "cookie shapes" nearly every day, so I thought it would be a fun activity for her to share with her friends. I realize this is starting to become a tradition of sorts. Last years I had a couple of girlfriends over and we decorated cupcakes (read about it here) and the year before that I had some mom's and their children over to decorate cookies as well (read about it here). I guess I enjoy celebrating Valentines!

Amelia and I made heart shaped sugar cookies a few days before the party and then froze them until we were ready to use them.



The next day we made some paper garlands while watching tree house.



She REALLY enjoyed helping me organize the candies into two different muffin tins. I was surprised that she only tasted one jelly bean.



On the morning of the party we made the butter cream icing.





I love that even some of the mom's even took the time to decorate a few cookies. Carrie did a fantastic job on one of hers.







Amelia was so excited to have her friends over that she could barely contain her joy!These are two of the cookies we made together.



Claire throughly enjoyed watching everyone and spent the majority of the time lolling around on the floor.



After the kids were done decorating their cookies they had some silly snacks and made some Valentines.

2 comments:

VĂ¥ge Family Website said...

Your life continues to be rich with color, love and sweetness. It's so refreshing to see so many beautiful colors. These past few weeks have felt like various shades of gray.

Chris is a geek said...

Your icing looks scrumptious! How do you make it? I've given up on making my own icing. It always ends up so runny, so I buy it.

~Caroline