Friday, November 9, 2012

This weekend......

 
 
 
 
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about this weekend. I am heading to Vancouver for three nights and four days with a couple of new friends!!!! I have never been away been away from Claire before and I am a little nervous, but it is high time. Initially, when my girlfriend Nicol suggested the trip, I didn't think that I would be able to go since Nate had already taken tons of time off for his caribou hunt and I was still nursing Claire around the clock. The funny thing is that my girlfriend needed a reason to stop nursing her daughter as well so it became a bit of a competition to see who could wean their child first. Needless to say, we both successfully weaned our toddlers without any nasty side effects (mastitis being our main concern). After nineteen months of breastfeeding, I am a free woman!!!!!

While we don't have any set agenda, there are a few things I am really looking forward to......
 
1) A tall peppermint mocha from Starbucks....and perhaps a gingerbread latte too!
2) Lots of uninterrupted, in depth conversation over steaming mugs of tea
3) Taking a long, hot bath
4) Going to the salon (it has been 6 months since my last visit)
5) People watching (love all the high fashion)
6) Sleeping in after staying up late :0)
7) Walking around Granville Island and munching on a apple fritter from Lee's Donuts
8) Dining out
9) Wearing heels and cute stylish clothes
10) Enjoying a Carmel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate
11) Shopping at winners and Starbucks in Vancouver (they are amazing)
12) Playing dress up with my girlfriends on Robson

13) Connecting with a few girlfriends that I have not seen in a looong time.





No comments: