Friday, November 2, 2012

A day by myself.

Today I had a most glorious time gallivanting around town by myself.  I shopped to my hearts content, ate a tasty lunch, read my book, tried on clothes,  took pictures of pretty things, and did some Christmas shopping.
 
I started my day with a stop at Pier 1 imports because I love their Christmas displays. I was not disappointed. There were riots of color everywhere. I found this particular color scheme rather captivating. I'm not terribly surprised, since I  gravitate towards turquoise.

 
 
*sigh*
 
 
And then there was Homesense.......... that place makes me weak in the knees (I am not kidding)
 
 
This little driftwood star came home with me.

 

Tried on a cute hounds tooth sweater and eyed up a sweater that would look mighty handsome on my husband.

 
  
Just look at these pretty woolly things. The ear warmer with the bead work on it is my favorite.


I ALWAYS gravitate towards all things Moroccan
 
 
 
I think this tufted ottoman would look fabulous at my writing table in my bedroom. 

 
The antelope head would be a fun addition to my girls playroom (spray painted fuchsia pink of course). 
 
 
 
Oh Starbucks, I wish I could join you in ushering in the Christmas season.  I must wait twelve more days......
 

I stopped by my favorite vintage  store and enjoyed their lovely window display.
 
 
I was tempted to indulge in a peppermint mocha, but decided to hold out until my girls weekend.
 
 

 For lunch I stopped by Save On Foods and picked up a yummy sandwich. The grilled rosemary, ham and brie Filoncini is so delicious. You have to try it sometime!

 
 
 I stopped by Chapters to check out their selection of address books since mine is falling to pieces but was a little overwelmed by the selection.


 
 

  I concluded my day by shopping at some sweet botiques downtown where I managed to find a fantastic pair of black skinny jeans. Now I have to hand them over to my hubby so that he can wrap them up for Christmas.





 



 
\


2 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Sounds like a perfect day to yourself!! I too love Pier 1 for it's Christmas displays, I've been meaning to stop by and check it out! And of course Homesense is my favorite store!!

Chris is a geek said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Caroline