Monday, October 21, 2013

There is something about fall....

 
 
There is something about fall that inspires me to cook. Ordinarily I dread it, so I am always surprised when I enjoy hovering over the stove with a spoon in hand,  cracking open cookbooks and fantasizing about recipes. These days I have been making  stew, hearty soups, chicken pot pie, baked salmon,  quiche and loads of other comfort food.  Cooking so much more enticing when it is cold out and the stove fills our home with warmth. 
 
Baking, of course, it always a joy.
The girls and I listen to jazz music, throw on our aprons and let the flour and cinnamon fly. It is delightful! In the past two weeks we have made piles of banana chocolate chip muffins, apple pie, bunt cake, homemade granola bars and it is only a matter of time before we make pumpkin spice whoopee pies. They are DANGEROULSY delicious!

No comments: