Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fall decor

 
I thought that perhaps, if I document and share some of my fall décor, I might be able to bring myself to take it down in the next week or so.  For the first time in my life, I am no hurry to decorate for Christmas.
 
 
Two weeks ago, Nathaniel moved his aquarium out of our dining/kitchen area and I did a happy dance. After trying a few pieces of furniture in that space, I settled on the desk my dad made for me when I was a teenager.  It is the perfect height and size for all my project life paraphernalia. Surprisingly, Levi has left it alone.  
 
 
I just might be an addicted to inspiration boards. I love filling them with seasonal images, photographs that don't make it into my albums and pages from magazines. Just looking at it, while I prep dinner, sort paper, clean or feed my children, makes me ridiculously happy.
 
 
Doesn't that cranberry, cinnamon and almond tart look AMAZING? I am going to make it someday.
 
 
The photo of Levi, Toby and Claire makes me swoon.
 
 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo of Nathaniel flipping me over his back. I have a GIGANTIC version if it on my bedroom wall.
 
Our fall bucket list and a bunch of locally picked apples 
 


What you don't see in this picture are all the dishes waiting to be washed. There are ALWAYS dishes on my counter.


Artwork from preschool and Claire's bouquet.


 
Making something pumpkin flavored.

 
I love this string of felt leaves I hand cut years ago while pregnant with Claire. I also have an obsession with felt.
A.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. felt is awesome.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jocelyn, these posts inspire me. Not quite enough to do anything as artistic as an inspiration board, but I feel uplifted by setting yours. Thank you for sharing your life here!