Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Capturing the joy

When I look  at these photos my heart fills with joy and I almost forget what a challenging and emotional month this has been for me. I don't get sick very often and when I do I usually recover quickly so I was surprised when I got a head cold that last for nearly 21 days. In hindsight, perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing, because it forced me to slow down and rest more than I ordinarily would have, but at the time I hated it. I wanted to be able to take my children to the Ladysmith light up and the Santa clause parade but instead I was curled up on the couch with an equally sick toddler.

Other than making a small batch of butter tarts for my husband and a batch of sugar cookies for my kiddos to decorate, I didn't bake my usual repertoire of almond rocca, coconut macaroons and biscotti. I didn't have the energy to and I figured it would be better if they were not sitting in my freezer whispering my name. Well, turns out I ate my weight in chocolate anyway.
I only just started working out again but have been taking it slow since I still don't feel 100%. Oh how I have missed it. There is something about listening to good music and challenging my muscles that grounds me. I often forget how crucial it is to my well being and overall sanity. 

Anyways, all that being said... I am glad that I captured some moments this Christmas Season that brought me joy. Life is filled with those beautiful fleeting moments and it is those moments that make congestion, sleep deprivation, irritation and sticky, nasty floors bearable... almost  :0)












 





















No comments: