Sunday, May 18, 2014

A delicious nap

I was tired today. Weary. to. the. bone .tired. At one point I could no longer keep my eyes open so I put on Claire's favorite show, handed my toddler a handful of almonds and climbed into a unmade bed. Five minutes later I could hear the pitter patter of mischievous feet and the scrape of a chair. Claire was  pushing one of our stools up to the baking cupboard and helping herself to a mason jar full of chocolate chips. Fine. I rolled over and let sleep wrap its delicious fingers around me. At some point my five year climbed into bed beside me with a bag of raisins and succumbed to sleep as well. (She NEVER naps but her dad promised to take her to the fireworks tonight if she did).

 I just slept and slept and slept. After what felt like an eternity of bliss I rose from my cozy bed to asses the damage. I found a toddler covered in chocolate, trails of blankets and stuffed animals, and an un-watched television playing in the background. Not bad. Perhaps I should try that again sometime.

Looks like we will be going to the fireworks tonight for the first time in five years!

Here are some sweet images of spring that perked me up this week. Enjoy.

Happy Spring!












No comments: