Saturday, March 13, 2010



I'm a little sad thatI won't be able to visit my family for Amelia's first birthday. I was looking forward to seeing the cherry blossoms in bloom. It is still quite drab and brown here. Although I don't miss the rain, I do miss the lingering fresh scent that typically follows. How my eyes long to feast on new shoots, crocuses and snow drops. The only green things I see these days are the ferns on my window sill and the brocoli in my fridge.....

Speaking of brocoli, I am trying hard to stay away from sugar and watch my caloric intake. I have been using a great site called sparkpeople.com and it helps me keep track what I am consuming. It is actually quite sobering. My goal is to record what I eat for 21 days and see if it makes a difference. Eventually I would like to start incorporating some free weights (which I dispise) and cardio (love).

1 comment:

VĂ¥ge Family Website said...

I feel ya Joce. How're you gonna celebrate Amelia's first birthday? I was depressed being away from my friends and family so I made it as low key as possible. I feel like I missed out on what could have been a great memory--Annabelle's first birthday party--but being here, it just wasn't the same.