Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Glorious Sunshine and chickens!



I was thrilled to be able to put on a pair of shorts today. Even Amelia had her clogs and a summer skirt on.



We spent most of the day outdoors on our deck soaking in the delicious warmth of the sun. I think I may have even gotten some color. In any case Amelia was practically asleep before she hit her mattress this evening, which was great because it allowed me to do some yard work before the sun went down. Our yard and surrounding property are a bit disastrous at the moment and I would like to remedy that before we invite people over for a barbecue.



For those of you that know how much entertaining terrifies me - I invited a complete stranger over yesterday and my house was a DISASTER!!!!! In any case we had a great little visit and she didn't run away screaming or turn her nose up at me. I always have irrational fears about people thinking I am sloppy or something. I really don't know what my problem is? In any case I need to get OVER IT so I am taking baby steps.

My silly cat incubating or rather squashing the strawberries Nathaniel transplanted.



I am so excited because I get to meet my chickens tonight. My hubby has been in Vancouver and kamloops for the past four days (picking up his bonsai, getting the truck's breaks fixed, hanging out with "John", eating sushi and picking up my much anticipated flock of birds from my dear friend Loretta.



Amelia curiously looking at the chickens as they take dust baths. I love the ones with the puff heads. Loretta calls they her "show girls".

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love the pictures of you and Amelia's feet ;0)