Friday, January 27, 2012

Blast from the past: Luang Prabang



This morning I received a facebook message from a couple that recently embarked on trip around the world. They hailed from Luang Prabang, an incredibly beautiful, culturally significant city, in Laos. About a month before they departed, they visited us and we spent a great deal of time talking about traveling, our experiences, their travel literary and what to expect. Now that they on on the road I will be following their blog faithfully and live vicariously through it.



I haven't been able to get Luang Prabang off my mind today so I decided to share a few photos from my time there. When Nathaniel and I took a hiatus from regular life and traveled around the world for nine months, I fell in love with ethnic textiles. Luang Prabang has some of the most beautiful, intricate textiles my eyes have ever beheld. When I heard that Charlotte and Earl were in Luang Prabang I asked them if they would try and snag a bag or some fabric for me. I will defiantly return to Laos one day, as it was a place that Nathaniel and I both loved! Hopefully next time I will have a empty suitcase to fill. Here is an example of Hmong textiles. Just looking at them makes heart happy




Waiting for our slow boat to take us down the Mekong River to Laos.
















No comments: