Friday, August 2, 2013

Painting, brainstorming...

 
Do you know the difference between antique, vintage and retro? I have been curious about the definition of each for some time and today I finally took the time to Google it. This website "The littlest Polly" cleared up any misconceptions I may have had. This is a "vintage" turquoise  dresser I recently finished. I just love its "beachy" vibe and I am reluctant to sell it.
 
 
Here is another piece I have been working on. It still needs some distressing and some pretty hardware. I also have to upholster and paint the chair that goes with it.
 

I am having a lot of fun with this dresser. I painted the frame with Annie Sloan's "French linen" and then sanded the drawer fronts and top until I thought I would die! now I just need to stain them and stencil on some numbers. This project has been a bit of an experiment and I am excited to see how it turns out. I got the idea for this one from the blog "A Golden Sycamore". So many great ideas!

 
I have so many things on the go right now, but  I REALLY need to focusing on  finding one more client so that I can fulfill my requirements for becoming DONA certified Doula. My goal is to be certified by early fall and start earning some money. I have been brainstorming ideas for business cards and so far this is my favorite. I love the image, the font and the message.
 
 
 
Blogger Pam Garrison got my creative juices flowing. She makes the most amazing "project life" pages I have EVER seen. They are so yummy, colorful and full of life. If you are curious about project life, you can read about it HERE. Basically, is it a simple method of recording everyday life each week for an entire year. It sounds a bit daunting, but it could also be pretty awesome! Doing something like this has been on my bucket list for awhile now.
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

Furniture looks great! I love the tall dresser. Do you need a client that will be giving birth in the fall or can they still be pregnant? I can drop your name to any pregnant ladies I know, seems there are a lot of them right now!