Thursday, February 17, 2011

What did you do for Valentines?



I had all sorts of plans for Valentines that never came to fruition. When the actual day arrived I didn't feel like making the heart shaped pancakes topped with fruit that I had initially planned on, nor did I give Amelia and Nathaniel their Valentine gifts.
Fortunately, neither or them cared or noticed. Amelia is too young to understand, and Nathaniel is VERY easy going. When I had asked him if there was anything specific I could make him he requested almond roca. I picked up the ingredients when I was in town the other day and perhaps tomorrow I will attempt making it. Our neighbor made some awhile back and ever since Nathaniel has longed for more. The recipe requires the use of a candy thermometer so I am a little nervous.



When I was a child my mom always took the time to make every holiday or event special for us - especially valentines. I will always aim to do the same, but who says Valentines has to be celebrated on Valentines anyways? I can celebrate the people I love any day of the week or year and I do. This year I managed to make Valentines for ten of my girlfriends and host a cupcake party for some of my local friends, so I haven't been completely lazy. Valentines happened to fall on the same day as Strong Start at the local school so Amelia got to hand out Valentines and eat chocolate kisses for the first time. I downloaded the below Valentines and printed them out on card stock. Super simple and easy. Done.



So, what did you do, or not do for Valentines? Leave a response and I will send you a belated Valentines card..... if I haven't already :0)

2 comments:

Chris is a geek said...

We made sugar cookies and dog treats for Shelby's birthday and drooled over the pictures of your cup cakes ;0) I tried setting one of the pictures as our desk top background, but they were just so mouth watering, I had to change the picture!

Caroline said...

We made sugar cookies and dog treats for Shelby's birthday and drooled over the pictures of your cup cakes ;0) I tried setting one of the pictures as our desk top background, but they were just so mouth watering, I had to change the picture!